The overall working and video quality of PlayStation Vue depends on the incoming internet connection. If the connection speed is not proper or there is not stable internet bandwidth, then you may experience the video quality and buffering issue. The minimum speed requirement for the seamless streaming of videos on the PlayStation Vue is 10 Mbps. If you are adding an additional device for streaming, then an additional 5 Mbps is required.
Now, we are going to list the 5 tips to fix the PS Vue video quality issues on your device.
- Move the set-top box closer to the internet router: This condition applies to all the major streaming boxes like Amazon Fire, Roku, Apple TV and Android TV along with PS3 and PS4. You must keep the device within the limit or in open space so that it can easily catch the signal from the router.
- Keep the router in the upright position and on the flat floor so that it can emit an equal signal in all the directions. You must not place the router near to walls or any other obstructions that can act as a barrier to the signal. This definitely reduces the signal strength.
- Restart set-top box: The steps to restart the box are discussed here as under:
- First, restart the box by unplugging the power cable from it and turn it on again after a few minutes.
- After restarting the box, try opening the PS Vue again and check if the problem of streaming has been resolved or not.
- Disconnect all other devices and stop downloads for a while. If any family member in your house is accessing the same wireless network on other device or downloading the content on it, then ask him to stop downloading for a while. Check if the video quality has been improved or not. You can disconnect the devices from the router either by turning off the Wi-Fi or by disconnecting the router from them. Try accessing the PS Vue now and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Connect the Set-top box to the router using the Ethernet cable. The cable is provided with the set-top box so you can easily connect the cable to the router and to the Set-top box. The internet speed on the wired network is much better than that on a Wi-Fi network.
After implementing the above mentioned 5 tricks, you will find the video quality issue on the PS Vue will be eradicated and you can enjoy the same experience as you do earlier.
We can guide you regarding PlayStation Vue activate Roku media streaming player. If you are unaware of the process or not able to do it properly, then you should get in touch with our experts.