Are you getting the maddening HBO Go activation issue on your smart device? If yes, then this post is for you. We are going to discuss the steps to get rid of the activation problem from devices like Samsung, Android TV and PlayStation 3 and 4. If you using any of these devices and want to troubleshoot the problem, then read the steps carefully.
Issues with PlayStation 4: The steps to troubleshoot the HBO Go on PlayStation 4 are:
- Delete HBO streaming app from the device.
- Restart PlayStation.
- Download HBO Go app.
- Open the app again and try to activate it.
Activation issues on Android TV: If there is some issue with the activation on Android TV, then click on ‘I can’t activate’ or follow the steps mentioned below:
Clear the cache data
- Turn on Android TV and go to ‘Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Download folder’ and click on ‘HBO Go’ app.
- Here, you will find a clear cache option. Click ‘Ok’ to clear the data.
- Try activating the app now.
Uninstall the app and re-install again
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the android TV and click on ‘Apps’.
- Open HBO Go app and tap ‘Uninstall’.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to confirm.
- Now, open ‘Playstore’ and click to download the app. Install it once done with the download.
- Click ‘HBO activate’ link. If you are still getting a problem, move to the next troubleshooting step.
Reset TV: More often, resetting Android TV also solves the problem. If you are activating the app and find an error message on it, then reset the android TV by turning it off and wait for 5 minutes.
Activation problem on Samsung TV: If you are getting an activation problem with the Samsung TV, then the steps are so easy and simple to get rid of this issue.
- Uninstall the HBO Go: Uninstall the HBO Go app on your Samsung TV. If the steps are not known to you, then get help from an online page. Turn off the TV after uninstalling the app. This will remove the residual files from the device. Update the OS of your TV now and check if the HBO Go app is available for downloading or not.
- Install the HBO Go app and take online help to activate it again.
- You will get the activation code on the screen. Enter the code in the app to get it activated.
- Reset your Samsung TV: Restoring the device to the default settings may help in getting rid of the activation problem. To reset the TV, follow the instructions for a factory reset or update the software to the latest version.
Install HBO GO now an app on your TV and try to activate it again. This will definitely solve the problem. If you are still getting the problem, then disconnect the TV and wait for 5 minutes. Plug the TV back to the power outlet and check if the problem has gone or not.