Pluto TV is one of the very few streaming channels that offers thousands of TV shows and movies free of cost. The content available on this platform is streamlined to make it easier for users to navigate through. When it comes to getting Pluto TV up and running, you need to perform two steps, which include installation and registration. Although Pluto TV doesn’t require registration to enjoy all the features and benefits, signing up gives you the chance to customize your experience.
The purpose of registering an account on Pluto TV is to hide and unhide channels, set up your Android device as a remote, and save your favorite channels. By registering an account on Pluto TV, you can ensure that your preferences are kept well in a free account. If you are looking to install and activate your Pluto TV on a range of devices, then that’s what you will see here below:
How to sign up for Pluto TV?
It is quite simple to sign up for Pluto TV, as you just need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Pluto TV website on your web browser or download its app on your smartphone or tablet. Once downloaded, click on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Enter the information asked from you and then, click ‘Sign-Up Free’.
- That concludes the signing up procedure and now, you are all set to watch exciting movies and TV shows free of cost.
How To Activate Pluto TV?
What makes Pluto TV great is its ability to deliver free content along with a boatload of features. Some of the popular features include using a smartphone as a remote and adding favorites. To use the extras, you must activate your Pluto TV account on the device(s) you want to enjoy the content on.
The activation process has gone for good, but you still have to register for the service, but the benefits or features that you were looking to enjoy won’t be there.
Despite the unavailability of the features, you can activate the device just in case the features return on the platform. Here is how you can activate Pluto TV:
- Go through the guide on Pluto TV’s interface or go to the official website to start the activation process.
- Find the 6-digit activation code required to activate the service.
- You have the option of activating the service using the application on your smartphone/tablet or by going to the Pluto TV activation site and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to install Pluto TV on Chromecast?
Chromecast supports Pluto TV, so if you are using this particular streaming device, then you can cast Pluto TV to your Chromecast in a couple of ways. Open Google Chrome web browser on your computer or use Pluto TV mobile app and then, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Chromecast from the Web:
Here is how you can cast Pluto TV through Google Chrome:
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer.
- Now, go to the Pluto TV website and then, login to your account using the username and password.
- Click on the ‘More’ icon, which you can find at the top-right corner of your Google Chrome browser window.
- Select the ‘Cast’ option from the menu
- You will have to select ‘Chromecast’. In case, it is already connected, you will see an icon signifying its active status.
Cast Pluto TV’s content from your smartphone to Chromecast:
To cast Pluto TV through your smartphone, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps. The steps work for iOS and Android devices:
- On your smartphone, launch the Pluto TV app.
- Go to the channel that you are looking to cast.
- Tap the‘ Cast’ icon provided at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the list of available casting devices on the screen, select ‘Chromecast’.
How to toggle Closed Captions (CC) in Pluto TV?
To enable closed captions (CC) on various platforms, here is what you are going to do:
For Android smartphones and tablets:
- Launch ‘Settings’ on your smartphone.
- Now, select ‘Accessibility’ followed by tapping ‘Captions’.
- Tap the slider switch to toggle captions on.
- Now, you should launch Pluto TV.
- Tap the screen followed by the ‘CC’ icon.
- Select your preferred language.
How to turn on closed captions on Amazon streaming devices?
- To enable closed captions on your Amazon Fire TV, you need to go to ‘Accessibility Settings’ of your Fire TV.
- Navigate to the ‘Captions’ section. Once found, you should activate it.
- Now, go to Pluto TV followed by pressing the ‘Menu’ button on the remote of your TV.
- Select your preferred language to display for captions.
How to turn on closed captions on your Roku TV?
- To do this, launch Pluto TV on your Roku TV.
- Try to play content.
- Press the ‘*’ button on your remote to launch the ‘Options’ menu.
- Navigate to the ‘Closed Captioning’ option.
- On your remote, you need to press ‘Right’ and ‘Left’ arrows to select the language from the list of available captions.
How to Unpair a Device from Pluto TV?
In case, you don’t want to watch any of Pluto TV’s content, then you should unpair your device from my Pluto TV using the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to ‘MyPluto’ on the device on which the channel is installed.
- Tap on ‘Activate’.
- Select the device you wish to unpair the channel followed by tapping ‘X’ to remove it.
In case, you are unable to install Pluto TV on your streaming device or register your account on the platform or activating the service, you can get in touch with experts for a quick and assured solution.